When choosing a fire alarm system for your business, you should think about whether a hard-wired or wireless system will work better for you. There are good things and bad things about each option.
Hard-Wired Fire Alarms
For new buildings, wired alarm systems are a good choice because the wires can be hidden inside the walls and ceilings. But wired alarms might not be the best choice for historical buildings, where the wires are hard to hide and doing so could cause damage. Among the benefits of a wired fire alarm system are the following:
- Less expensive:- The parts of a wired alarm system are usually less expensive than the parts of a wireless alarm system.
- No signal interference:- Wired alarms don’t receive signals through radio frequencies, so you won’t have to worry about signal interference like you might with a wireless alarm.
- More common:- Wired systems are more common than wireless ones, which could make it easier and cheaper to find replacement parts.
- Don’t need batteries:- Since wired alarm systems are powered by the main power source, you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries. This makes them more reliable than wireless alarms.
Wireless Fire Alarm Systems
- Easier and cheaper to set up:- During the installation process, you may save time, money, and have less trouble with your business. Wireless systems are easier to set up because they don’t need wires.
- More flexible:- Wireless fire alarms can be put up on any kind of wall and are easy to take down or move. Because of its flexibility, a wireless alarm system is easier to keep up, upgrade, or add to.
- They look better:- Wireless systems don’t have wires or cables that could make your building look bad. For this reason, applications that care about how they look might want to go with a wireless system.
Which Alarm System is Right for You?
Are you trying to figure out what kind of fire alarm system to install? If you are building a new building, you might want to think about a wired system because it is more reliable and the parts are cheaper. But if you care about how your building looks and want to be able to move it around, you might want to choose a wireless system.